Saturday, December 23, 2006

New Stuff

So, in keeping with the updating of my website .:Science Revolution:. I have added some new features. The first is that there is going to be a cgi-generated search engine, as provided by the webhosts. The difference between it and the search engine now is that this one doesn't appear to have any limits. The one I am using now, which is great, has a page cap limit which will easily be surpassed with the content of my website.

The other big feature is that pages will have a wiki alternate, where visitors can add content (to be approved and updated by yours truly in the future) and make comments about what is there currently. I feel that this might help me to generate content at a much faster rate than I am currently. Also, it makes me feel that there is some sort of objectivity and validity to the site, since the information will (hopefully) no longer be sole source. I don't make the claim of being an authority on any of the content I have on my website, and would hope that people challenge my information, and often.

Both of these features are made possible by my webhost Advanced Network Hosts (also known as Chicago Web Hosting ) They have an extensive amount of things for websites, including the tools I am currently adding. I only wish I knew how to use some of the other things they offer!
If you want to see my new wiki, check it out at PhpWiki. Feel free to add content, and make sure to leave some record of being there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home